CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

This is an excerpt from a student assignment this week. She did a WONDERFUL job with all of her clients. This is just a short sample of what she wrote about one of them. I added some additional information and thought I would share it with the group as well because the book I am recommending is well worth reading and reminders about keeping things simple are always good - even for me. I think as healers we want so badly to provide our clients with some herb or food or diet that will help that we can often forget to tell them about the basics. Before I give any client advice or a program I make sure first that they are sleeping enough, eating right, drinking enough water, not taking harmful substances (too much coffee, cigarettes, etc...) and getting exercise. For without these basic things most people will experience some level of illness and natural healing will not be as effective. Natural healing can help people accomlish these things better (like herbs to help you sleep or herbs to give you more energy to exercise, etc...) and herbs can help...but real healing will not happen without the basics in place.

Student Work:."..But I did tell her that maybe a ginger pack for her kidneys would help and some castor oil packs for that spine… She said that everything I told her fit and she was impressed with how accurate they eyes showed her problems………oh one more note, she is tired a lot………..not normal tired, like really tired, but I told her if those kidneys are stressed, those adrenals are as well and when she sees improvement there, she should get a boost of energy as well."

My Feedback :Yes, anyone with kidney issues is going to be really tired. At the very least she should drink a lot more water. Especially with nursing she is going to be so dehydrated. Dehydration is a problem for so many people and they don’t realize it because it is usually not an emergency situation. You can read all about that in “Your Body’s Many Cries for Water” – an amazing book!

No comments: