CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Student Question: What do I do on an assginment if I don't have clients?

This should really come under the heading of student dialogue since I took this from a test and I answered it in my feedback. However, I feel it will be more useful to students if I file it in "student questions". This student has brought up some good points and has come up with her own good solutions. However, some students may be asking themselves these same questions now and not be able to come up with solutions. I hope this can help those students. This is our dialogue"

Student: This is my submission for lesson 201-4. This one was not easy since I don't have 'clients', so I interviewed relatives for the class lesson.

This is what you are supposed to do. Some students use clients because they have them, but the assignment is to use friends or family that you know. So this is correct.

Nobody was sick at the time, so I interviewed them about 'past' illnesses for which they were treated by medical doctors - way late in the illness because they didn't have insurance.

This is also perfect! When I ask students to evaluate I want them to show that they understand the material and not that they have the sickest friends or family or the best clinic. If needed, I can even send you some “pretend clients”. However, I do find that it makes it more “real” and you learn more if you work with people who are close to you in some way.

No comments: