CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Student Dialogues - Exercise

Each week or two I like to share some of the dialogue I have with students that I think everyone might benefit from. I also like to share excerpts from student assignments that I think other students would enjoy reading.

Student (name not given to protect privacy) shares that she needs to start exercising again. This is what I shared when I commented on her assignment:

I am glad you brought this up! The older you get the more important it is to work out on a daily basis to keep your body flexible and healthy and prevent injury. The program you choose does not even need to be intense. Flexibility and movement are the key – so even a beginner yoga class would be great. Worry more about flexibility and movement than your weight. The weight will come off naturally over time as you make diet and exercise changes. However, the renewed feeling you get from even doing something small will revitalize you within 2 days. I don’t really like gyms but the weather in Iowa here is miserable so I finally joined one. They have a silver shoes program for people over 65 which is based all on light weights and flexibility and movement. They have their class at the same time I am at the gym. This would be perfect – something like that. So many clients I have had have been healed by starting an exercise program again – even a light one. And the amazing thing about it is that you see results within one day or two days so you don’t have to wait to see the results.

If I still live here when I am 65 I am going to join that class! Our bodies get less forgiving as we get older. Did you hear about the 40-year-old Olympic athlete who has to get muscle rubs after each event because her muscles don’t recover as they should after an intense workout anymore? She is a role model for all of us getting older – I am 40 and already feeling my body is less forgiving.

I always share with people that in all the years I have done iridology readings the one constant in the healthy irises I saw was that the people exercised. They may have even had a bad diet or stressful life but as long as they had exercise their iris showed up as healthy. However, people who came in with perfect diets still had many health problems if they did not exercise.

No comments: