CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Student Dialogues - How to Type a Person

Each week or two I like to share some of the dialogue I have with students that I think everyone might benefit from. I also like to share excerpts from student assignments that I think other students would enjoy reading.

Student says (I do not mention names if the student adds something of a personal nature):
My typology would be Choleric - quick but strong and lasting reaction. Hot and dry. Quick tempered. I believe I am Choleric. When I get sick, it usually happens quickly, but is strong and really knocks me down. I have a quick temper, even though I really do try to control it.

Very perceptive…a good way to type someone is to look at both the physical and the psychological as you have done! You are also a highly motivated student (this is what I see from my end) – most students like this fall into either the choleric or sanguine temperament. Melancholics are slower and methodical and sanguine are not as steady. Phlegmatics need more outside motivation, but once they get started they can be very steady as well.

No comments: