CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Client Tips: The Short Checklist

When I return a client consult form with their results I make sure I check the following items so I am sure I have provided them with the best program possible. This is the short list of items I go over in my head:

I always make sure my clients are "on track" with a number of things - this is my brief check-list:
1. Sleep - quantity, quality and rhythm
2. Diet - quality, proportion of healthy and unhealthy foods, amount of sugar in diet, amount of wheat in diet, amount of vegetables and fruits in diet, drinks consumed, amount of caffeine in diet, rhythm of diet, times and amounts eaten.
3. Lifestyle - stress factors (even exciting things), repetitive movements like working on a computer for hours at a time or sleeping on your arm at night, walking with the same shoes daily, etc...
4. Exercise - gentle -vs- intense, how often and does it include stretching?
5. Spiritual life - find a comfortable place
6. Personal relationships - need to resolve conflicts
7. Finances - bad-vs-good, develop coping mechanisms
8. Herbs and supplements - make sure they are the right ones, being taken at the right times, for the correct length of time and that they are quality supplements. Make sure the client does not have any contraindications in their condition or temperament to that therapy.
Each of these is just as important as the next one. There is not one that is more important than the other (although exercise, positive thought and spirituality have shown evidence that they may be) so each must be considered.

If you have any favorite consulting client tips please share them with other students on the list.

Blessings & Health,
Kristie Karima Burns, MH, ND

No comments: