CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Course Corrections: Temperament Course

This is not really a course correction as much as an "alert" - this is something to be aware of as you do this unit. Please read the student comment and my reply below - this will help you understand the temperament unit better:

Student Comment:This unit on typology has been overwhelming, yet very enlightening for me. During my college years and experience teaching English and History, I have encountered the concepts discussed in this unit viz., humor, temperament, melancholic, choleric, sanguine, phlegmatic etc.---but I never understood these terms in their complete historical and medical sense until now. I encountered the most trouble when trying to understand exactly what is a humor and how does it function in the body. The assigned readings were confusing and oftentimes contradicting regarding this matter…

My Reply: One of the reasons I provide different perspectives – even if they are contradicting, is to give people more than one angle on the same topic. I do that on purpose. However, the main lesson is consistent and informational and should provide you with a good base. The introduction to the unit provides an overview of the basics. The other lessons are extras to that – so the reading of the literature was to introduce some “spice” into a topic once the student already understands the temperaments. Note to students reading this: keep this in mind when reading this unit!

No comments: