CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Student Dialogues - Usage of Herbs

Excerpt from a student test:

I know its not a cold, but even if it is, I use the same remedy. (she is talking about allergies).

I make a cup of tea with Echinacea, Mint medley (has both peppermint and spearmint) and a teaspoon of Colloid silver, along with a teaspoon of sugar to make my blood sugar go up a bit.

It doesn't take long to feel better. Right now, the tea cup is sitting next to me, cooling off a bit so I don't burn my mouth on it. It is 4:30 a.m. and I just got up feeling the same 'cold' symptoms I had when I went to bed.

By 7 a.m. I felt perfectly normal. Was a perfect combination to control whatever had a hold of me last night and this morning.

This is good to treat something that is “like a cold” with the same remedies. Unlike modern pharmaceuticals, herbs are used because of their properties and because the effects they have on certain systems in the body – they are not used for specific diseases or illnesses. There are some people and companies who have mislabeled herbs “for colds”, “for PMS”, etc…but this is misleading and limits the use of each of these teas, when really, each of these “formulas” could be used for many things. Your usage of the Echinacea and mint is a perfect example of this. Echinacea is good for the immune system in general and when you have allergies it is important to strengthen the immune system. Mints are good for colds, but they also are good for runny noses, itching, stomach problems and a number of other symptoms you may have when your allergies “flare up”.

No comments: